3M™ Safety-Walk™ - Direction for Use
Surface preparation Instrutions :
1. Make sure surgace is clean, dry, smooth and avove minimum application temprérature whe 3M™ Safety-Walk™ Slipe resistent material. repair or replace any broken or damaged surface.
Minimum application tempreratures :
2. Remove chipped, cracked or peiiled paint prior to applying Safety-Salk material.
3. Remove loose residue from surface
5. referring to the SURFACE PREPARATION TABLE, use appropriate cleaner or solvent wipe to clean surface. After cleaning, allow to dry thoroughly.
2. Priming Instructions
b. Use a paint brush to apply a thin coat or Safety-Walk primer where treads are to be placed.
c. Allow the primed area to dry thoroughly (no evidence of stickiness or tackiness) before applying Safety-Walk slip-resistant material. Approximate drying time is 15 minutes.
Application Instructions :
Tools Needed :
Rubber Hand Roller or Rubber Mallet
1. Individual pieces should be spaced a minimum of 1/2" apart and a maximum of 2 apart.
2. Round the corners of any pieces cut from rolls.
3. Peel protective liner back bout 2" frome one end and position piece on surface. IMPORTANT : Minimize touching adhesive with fingers.
4. Continue to remove liner. Press firmly in place as liner removed
5. For small pieces : Peel liner
off piece. Holding piece by its edges, curve it gently with the adhesive
6. Finally, press into firm contact with surface using a rubber hand roller by starting in middle and rolling out towards edges.
Tapes and Treads, use a soft-headed rubber mallet to ensure product
conformability to surface.
8. On steps, apply Safety-Walk material 1/2" from stair edge to prevent edge curl and premature wear.
Maintenance Instructions :
• To maintain product effectiveness, the application
should be inspected periodically.
• To remove and replace worn or torn material :
- Start by pulling up old material. Use of a heat
gun may assit in this process.
Important for Proper Application and Service Life
1. All surfaces must be clean, dry and at recommended temperature before applying product.
2. rough or porous surfaces must be primed with 3M™ Safety-Walk™ Primer for proper adhesion.
3. 3M™ Safety-Walk™ Rubber hand Roller should be used to assure a firm bond when applying all Safety-Walk slip-resistant.
4. For extra protection from excessive
moisture or liquids, use 3M™
Edge Sealing Compound. Safety-Walk slip resistant materials are not
recommended for continuous immersion in water.
5. Safety-Walk material can be applied on most painted surfaces which are in good condition. Safety-Walk material will adhere as well as the base paint. Painted surfaces must be thoroughly dry before application of Safety-Walk slip-resistant material.
6. Treated or untreated wood must be painted prior to application of Safety-Walk slip-resistant material.
7. Do not apply Safety-Walk material aver surfaces with constant water contact or moisture seepage.
8. Do not apply Safety-Walk material aver grouting. Also, avoid cracks in concrete and breaks in all surfaces.
9. Safety-Walk slip-resistant materials are not recommended for qurarry tile in commercial kitchens.
|3M Product Chart|
|3M Selection Guide|
|3M Typical Properties|
|3M Chemical Resistance|
|3M Surface Preparation Table|
|3M Directions for use|
|Accueil Autres Fournisseurs|
|Patco (Tyco Adhesives)|